[BioC] Options for spatial normalization?

Jay Konieczka jayk at u.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 7 20:45:41 CET 2007

Hi Olivier,

Take a look at the OLIN package.  It takes xy coordinates and uses a
machine learning approach to approximate the smoothing parameters for
spatial and intensity normalization.  I have the same issue and I've
had a great deal of success with it.  I wouldn't recommend bypassing
the slide-by-slide oversight, but you may find a set of parameters
supplied to OLIN that is sufficient for the overwhelming majority of
your chips.

Cheers,

jay