[BioC] best package for cDNA single channel microarrays

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 18:05:40 CET 2007

Dear Artur,

you could use

- vsn for background correction and normalization (it just takes a
matrix of features x arrays)
- genefilter or limma for the subsequent differential expression
analysis, which should then not be qualitatively different from that of
e.g. Affymetrix arrays

Watch out for spot and batch effects though, if these are "home-made"
spotted arrays.

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber