[BioC] Exclude probes that show sd above 0.1 between replicatevalues

J.Oosting at lumc.nl J.Oosting at lumc.nl
Thu Mar 1 11:00:21 CET 2007

Hi João

Here's how I did it on a set of arrays with 3 replicates. ID is a column that has identical values for replicate spots.

spotaverage<-function(x) {
  # at max 1 NA, and have low variability
  if (sum(is.na(x))<2 && sd(x,na.rm=TRUE)<0.1)  median(x,na.rm=TRUE)
  else NA
}
aggcollumn<-function(x) {
  agg<-aggregate(x,list(genes=MAn$genes[,"ID"]),FUN=spotaverage)
  ac<-as.numeric(agg[,2])
  names(ac)<-agg[,1]
  ac
}