[BioC] 'recursive default argument' error in GOENTREZID2GO

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 12 16:48:23 CEST 2007

Hi Diego,

Thanks for looking into this and coming up with something that is
reproducible.  It does look to be a defficiency in R, but it may not
be one that is easy to resolve.

At least understanding the likely culprit should help to avoid having
to restart R during a long session; be careful not to interrupt when

The SQLite-based annotation data packages, which we expect to be in
the next release won't have this problem. [Although honestly, there
may be other issues to be discovered in terms of how RSQLite interacts
with ^C, however, we are more likely to be able to produce fixes in
this case]

+ seth

Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center