[BioC] Bug in probeNames()

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 20:04:12 CEST 2007

Dear Philip,

not a bug. To reinforce what Laurent has said, there is no 1:1
correspondence between the order of the features (rows) in the
probe-package and in the AffyBatch. Never. This is simply because the
probe-package does not have sequences for all of the reporters. It is
built straight from an annotation file from Affymetrix, which misses
some reporters and omits the MMs since their sequence can be easily
obtained from the PMs.

Please map the features (rows) in the probe-package and in the AffyBatch
to each other by their (x,y) coordinates on the chip (which together
form a unique feature-ID), using the xy2indices and indices2xy functions.

 Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber  EBI/EMBL  Cambridge UK  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/huber