[BioC] comparing GO lists

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sun Jul 29 05:26:23 CEST 2007

Ana Conesa wrote:
> Thanks Robert for your quick response.
>
> I was indeed trying the functions you mention from the GOstats
> packages. They requiere GO Graphs, so the question was how to
> generate a GO Graph object from a list of GOs. I was trying with the
> function makeGOgraph but again I was not able to generate the graph
> object form my list... is there a way out?

  oneGOGraph and GOGraph, again from GOstats do what I think you want,
but let me know if you have problems with it

> I say another package on the BioC repository,SimSem, that computes
> semantic similarities (and this takes aswell gene IDs), and another
> one at CRAN GOSim - also for semantic similarity- but this gives me
> some troubles with the dependencies... So, if I can create GO graphs
> from GO lists to use the GOstats functions, I think this will be
> easiest way.

    thanks for pointing these out, I did manage to download GOsim, I am
not sure why it is only on CRAN given that it seems to depend on a lot
of BioC packages.
   You should be able to install it if you use install.packages, and if
not I would contact the maintainer.

   best wishes
    Robert

rgentlem at fhcrc.org