[BioC] comparing GO lists

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sun Jul 29 01:15:51 CEST 2007

Hi Ana,
   I have cc'd the response to the list,

have a look at the GOstats package (there may be others in other
packages) it has simUI, simLP that take GO graphs as input.
Unfortunately they do not use semantic similarity - I don't think that
there is anything in Bioconductor that does that (but could be wrong).

There was some software (not in R) and a paper by Peter Lord,
Investigating semantic similarity measures across the Gene Ontology: the
relationship between sequence and annotation.
Lord PW, Stevens RD, Brass A, Goble CA.
in Bioinformatics in 2003 that would be nice to have, but last time I
looked it was not functional -

best wishes
   Robert

--