[BioC] Problems with gcrma using latest version of R and Bioconductor

Sebastian Bauer Sebastian.Bauer at charite.de
Thu Jul 26 14:04:32 CEST 2007

Hi James,

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Please always give us the output of sessionInfo() as well. Just telling
> us you have BioC 2.0 isn't sufficient. For instance, I get this to work:

Thanks for your quick reply. You sessionInfo() output gave me the hint
that I did not update some of the annotation packages whose existence I
wasn't  aware of (initially, I updated only the mouse4302 package) :)
After updating the rest, all seems to work again.

However, from an user's point of view, I would rather like to see an
appropriate error message coming up which complains about non-matching
versions of the required package. Is there such a mechanism in
Bioconductor/R?

Ciao,
Sebastian