[BioC] Getting GO term from GOids

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 23 06:31:05 CEST 2007

"Alex Tsoi" <tsoi.teen at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> I am using GOHyperG to get the onverrepresented gene ontology of a set of
> genes, and the results give the gene ontology IDs, I just wondering if I
> could also get the gene ontology terms in the results ;

What do you mean by terms?  Does the summary method on the test result
do what you want?  Try:

    ans <- hyperGTest(yourParams)
    summary(ans)

> and also, could someone shows me how I could get the gene ontology
> terms from a set of gene ontology IDs ?

Perhaps you want:

   library("GO")
   someGOTerms <- mget(someGOIDs, GOTERM)

Have you had a look at the vignette that comes with GOstats?  Try:

   library("GOstats")
   openVignette(package="GOstats")

+ seth

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org