[BioC] ADD: Imputation problem in aCGH

Benjamin Otto b.otto at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jul 19 13:05:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just found out what the problem is, however a new question arises here. My
chromosomal location provided was in bp not kb. During the imputation the
impute.lowess function segments each chromosome into the two arms using a
included list of centomere locations. At the moment I provide a chromosome
which has only one resident on one of the arms the function moans because it
needs at least two non NA-Values.

Right so this is the old problem. When I had a look at the centromere
locations I found the locations diverging from the positions given by
ensemble. Now how does the function discriminate between the organisms? It
seems that it doesn't and if that is so, then isn't the the separation into
the two arms more a downside than an advantage?

Cheers,

Benjamin