[BioC] Sample size calculation - microarray experiemnt

Claus-Dieter Mayer claus at bioss.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 18:27:14 CEST 2007

Hi Sharon,

the one term you are missing in your description is the varianceof a
gene or (as this will differ from gene to gene) the whole variance
distribution across genes. Without any knowledge about that it is
impossible to answer your question.

One tool that comes to mind is the poweratlas page (www.poweratlas.org).
As far as I remember they look at a two group comparisons only though.
Its an interesting question, but not easy to answer, so I would be
interested whether anybody else on the list has more wisdom to offer.

Best Wishes

Claus