[BioC] Error loading tcltk for tkWidgets and widgetTools on duo Intel Mac under OS X

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 11 00:22:00 CEST 2007

Michael Parisi <mparisi at sas.upenn.edu> writes:

> I recently got a duo Intel Mac OSX and loaded many Bioconductor packages
> that I had been using along with R 2.5.1.  All of the packages load and
> work except for tcltk, tkWidgets, ruuid, graph and GOstats.  I get the
> same error as posted previously about tcltk and tkWidgets (last on Sep
> 19, 2006):

Do you have X11 installed and running before starting R?  What does
capabilities() tell you?

>  >library(tcltk)
> as.logical(now)) :
>     unable to load shared library
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so':
>
> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so,
> 10): Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.dylib
>   Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/library/tcltk/libs/i386/tcltk.so
>   Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'tcltk'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'tcltk'

This is perhaps a question better asked on R-sig-mac; I don't think
the problem is Bioconductor specific.

> Actually, loading ruuid gives me a slightly different message
>  > library(ruuid)
> Error in library(ruuid) : there is no package called 'ruuid'

How about Ruuid?

--
Seth Falcon | Computational Biology | Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
http://bioconductor.org