[BioC] nsFilter error

Thomas Lo thom.lo at cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Jul 10 05:48:08 CEST 2007

Hi Seth,

Thanks very much for your reply!  Here is what I got from traceback():

> traceback()
6: switch(storage.mode, environment = , lockedEnvironment = {
       aData <- new.env(parent = emptyenv())
       if (missing(i))
           for (nm in ls(orig)) aData[[nm]] <- orig[[nm]][, j, ...,
               drop = drop]
       else {
           if (missing(j))
               for (nm in ls(orig)) aData[[nm]] <- orig[[nm]][i,
                   , ..., drop = drop]
           else for (nm in ls(orig)) aData[[nm]] <- orig[[nm]][i,
               j, ..., drop = drop]
       }
       if ("lockedEnvironment" == storage.mode)
           assayDataEnvLock(aData)
       aData
   }, list = {
       if (missing(i))
           lapply(orig, function(obj) obj[, j, ..., drop = drop])
       else {
           if (missing(j))
               lapply(orig, function(obj) obj[i, , ..., drop = drop])
           else lapply(orig, function(obj) obj[i, j, ..., drop = drop])
       }
   })
5: eset[haveID, ]
4: eset[haveID, ]
3: requireID(eset, "ENTREZID")
2: nsFilter(exset)
1: nsFilter(exset)

Is the output informative?  I have just tried the same procedure with an
independent data set, and that produced the same error.  However, if I read
the data in using ReadAffy() before performing gcrma(), then nsFilter()
appears to work fine.  So perhaps something that is not compatible between
the justGCRMA() output and nsFilter()?

Many thanks!

Thomas