[BioC] warnings from li wong summary method in expresso

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Wed Jan 31 02:54:50 CET 2007

Marco,

If I remember correctly, dChip authors were talking more of having
at least 25 chips. Obviously the number either 10, 16, 25 is not
a hard threshold, as the convergence depends on the very numerical
values.

Knowing what are the probes failing is possible. A quick-but-dirty
way is to only edit the function
"generateExprVal.method.liwong".

Try:
generateExprVal.method.liwong2 <- edit(generateExprVal.method.liwong)

and edit the code as:

  probes <- t(probes)
  if (ncol(probes) == 1) {
    warning("method liwong unsuitable when only one probe pair")
    list(exprs=as.vector(probes),se.exprs=rep(NA,length(probes)))
  }
  else {
    tmp <- fit.li.wong(probes, ...)
    if ( !tmp$convergence1 & !tmp$convergence2) {
        id <- get("id", envir=parent.frame(3))
        print(id)
    }
    list(exprs=tmp$theta,se.exprs=tmp$sigma.theta)
  }

(the only change is near the end).

Now you can use the summary method "liwong2" in place of "liwong".

You can hack this to your specific need (and want to store the 'id'
into a variable in you global workspace for example).

Hoping this helps,

Laurent