[BioC] (no subject)

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jan 29 20:27:50 CET 2007

Hi Qing,

Qing Jing wrote:

> Dear List£¬
>

> I am a beginner in learning the package of
> Biostrings currently and for practice doing an example.
>

>  library(Biostrings);
>  dnaAlph<-new("BioPatternAlphabet",DNAAlphabet(),c(N="AGCT",
>  B="CGT",D="AGT",H="ACT",K="GT",M="AC",R="AG",S="CG",
>  V="ACG",W="AT",Y="CT"));
> Error in getClass(Class, where =
> topenv(parent.frame())) :
>
> "BioPatternAlphabet" is not a defined
> class

The Biostrings package has been refactored quite a bit, and no longer
uses this class (a Google for 'BioPatternAlphabet' came up with a help
page for version 1.4.0, which was probably designed for BioC 1.7/R-2.2.1
or earlier).

There are four vignettes that come with the package. I am sure that
reading those should help shed some light on how the package works now.

Best,

Jim

> I am running R 2.4.1,
> Wimdows XP, Biostrings_2.2.1