[BioC] cghMCR bug?

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Mon Jan 22 17:03:11 CET 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to run cghMCR on several objects from DNAcopy, but I keep getting
an error that says

Error in data.frame(span = "span.1", loc.end.loc.end = numeric(0), check.names
= TRUE,  :
        arguments imply differing number of rows: 1, 0

I think this happens whenever the settings would lead to no segments selected
(i.e., the error disappears if we are more liberal with alteredLow and
alteredHigh). I do not really understand what the code is doing, but I think
it should return an empty object (and possibly a warning), not crash with an
error.

This behavior is easy to reproduce with the vignnette data (no, it is not due
to repeated maplocs)

require(cghMCR)
data("sampleData")
segments <- getSegments(sampleData)
cghmcr2 <- cghMCR(segments, gapAllowed = 500, alteredLow = 0.001,
		alteredHigh = 0.999, recurrence = 50)
mcrs2 <- MCR(cghmcr2)

Best,

R.

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}