[BioC] from BAC name to list of genes in that BAC

Hilmar Berger hilmar.berger at imise.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Jan 19 11:14:56 CET 2007

Hi,

mapping BAC clones to genomic positions and genes can be a time
consuming process, especially if you have to do it manually.  If public
databases can help you depends on the way the BAC clones are named.
Could you give some example ?
Anyway, usually you should be able to get a table of BAC clones and
other parameters (genomic location, (uni)gene id etc.) which might help
in identifiying the genes in question.

Regards, Hilmar

Federico Abascal schrieb:

> Estimated colleagues,
>
> I am working with CGH data. I have the name of the BAC clones and their
> chromosome locations. They correspond to OncoBAC arrays (?).
> Is there any way in bioconductor to determine which genes belong to each
> BAC clone?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Best,
> Federico
>

> PD: I am a newbie in R and Bioconductor

Hilmar Berger
Studienkoordinator
Institut für medizinische Informatik, Statistik und Epidemiologie
Universität Leipzig
Härtelstr. 16-18
D-04107 Leipzig

Tel. +49 341 97 16 101