[BioC] which universe in hyperGTest

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jan 12 14:48:46 CET 2007

Seth Falcon wrote:
> "James W. MacDonald" <jmacdon at med.umich.edu> writes:
>
>>You can test for under-represented GO terms by setting the testDirection
>>argument of your GOHyperGParams object to "under". So if your
>>GOHyperGParams object were set up like this:
>>
>>params <- new("GOHyperGParams", geneIds = A, geneUniverseIds = ALL)
>>
>>then you would test for over representation as normal:
>>
>>hyperGTest(p)
>>
>>and under-representation like this:
>>
>>testDirection(params) <- "under"
>

> make that: testDirection(p) <- "under"
>
> and then:
>

>>hyperGTest(p)
>

> I knew what you meant, but in case someone thinks "params" is a magic
> word...

This just goes to show the power of the vignette. I usually call my
GOHyperGParams objects 'params', but reverted to what you call it in
your vignette, right in the middle of my example. Now if I could just
get my computer to be able to figure out what I mean when I mix things
up like that. ;-D

Best,

Jim

> :-)