[BioC] Problem with Rgraphviz on OSX with libgvc

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 11 05:00:49 CET 2007

Kasper Daniel Hansen <khansen at stat.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
> dependencies in your earlier attempt. The easy way is to download the
> tar ball of Rgraphviz from Bioconductor (you need to do this since
> you are running R-2.4.1 and not R-2.5.0 devel), use the link
>   http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.0/bioc/src/contrib/
> Rgraphviz_1.13.8.tar.gz
> The in the command prompt you do
> # R CMD INSTALL Rgraphviz
> and it should work

If you have pkg-config installed and it can find your graphviz
installation this should work.  I have recently discovered that the
configure code in Rgraphviz is not up to date with the latest changes
in graphviz.  Hence if you do:

R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--with-graphviz=/usr/local/gviz" Rgraphviz

Things won't work.  I have a patch which I will commit to devel soon.

+ seth