[BioC] Problem with Rgraphviz on OSX with libgvc

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jan 10 06:48:44 CET 2007

Jarrett Byrnes <jebyrnes at ucdavis.edu> writes:

> Nope, this was installed from source.
        ^^^^

Sometimes email is a frustrating medium. :-\

> I'm running R 2.4.1.  The error message I gave was after installing
> graphviz 2.12 from source.

Ok.  If you want to use that version of graphviz, you need to install
_Rgraphviz_ from source.  And that will require having the right tools
and setup for building source packages with R.

>  I have since tried installing graphviz
> 1.16 from source, as was listed in one of the past messages on this
> listserv, but it did not install any libgvc that I can tell.  Is
> there a particular version of graphviz that I should install to make
> this work?

Yes, install the binary version of graphviz 2.8 that I linked to in my
work with the Rgraphviz binary.

> Also, I installed Rgraphviz from the bioconductor binary using the R
> package manager, including all dependencies.

Better to use biocLite for installing Bioconductor packages in the
future.

+ seth