[BioC] matchrpobes and HGU95A mismatch

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 8 16:50:49 CET 2007

Hi,
   Pretty much we just transform what Affymetrix puts up (and that
changes from time to time). So, if you download the appropriate files
from Affymetrix and find that indeed they have a different number of
sequences than we are reporting, then please file a bug report.
Otherwise, I am afraid it is a question for the Affymetrix help desk.
But there is a reason that there are two different chip IDs, so I would
not expect the sequences, or even the number of sequences to be the same.

   The same goes for lots of other files from them (or other sources),
we can only report/translate what they give us. There is no independent
way for us (or anyone, AFAIK) to figure out what the sequences were. And
we don't purposefully leave anything out. The process is semi-automated
and bugs can creep in, but we are pretty careful about testing.

  best wishes
    Robert

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology