[BioC] Rgraphviz: Edge attributes not displaying

Sun Feb 4 08:31:04 CET 2007

As Jarrett says, this does not explain why the labels don't show up.

Jarrett: could you do a
R> graphvizVersion()
for me. And are you on an Intel or PPC machine?

I have spent some time in GDB and I am stuck for the moment.

Notes for Li and me:
   R> library(Rgraphviz)
   gdb> break getEdgeLocs
run Jarrett's example
   gdb> break 124
   gdb> cont
(continue 5 times I think). Now we should be at the first edge with a
label, it has the attribute set correctly:

(gdb) p agget(edge, "label")
$19 = 0x2113cac "Label 1"

But the label is not reflected in the laidout structure, instead of a
textlabel we get a pointer to NULL:

(gdb) p edge->u.label
$20 = (textlabel_t *) 0x0

I am at a loss here, running Graphviz 2.12 on Mac PPC. Do you see the
same Li? Perhaps there have been some changes in how to read the
labels? Anyway, bedtime.

Kasper