[BioC] different density

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Dec 19 19:50:16 CET 2007

A plot that is often quite informative is log(exprs) vs log(exprs)
for the unnormalized probes from replicate arrays (or just log(pm) vs
log(pm)) .  If the arrays are "good" the technical replicates have
high correlation and are tightly clustered on the diagonal of this
plot, and biological replicates are shaped more like an American
football - not a bit more pointy at the extremes than an ellipse.

Bad arrays are either much more scattered, do not show a diagonal
trend or may be jammed into the upper or lower section of the plot.

--Naomi