[BioC] Wow, what have I done

Wed Dec 12 04:06:01 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 6:09 PM, Loren Engrav wrote:

> And on the 64 bit page (http://r.research.att.com/exp/) I find two
> 2.5.0 for Intel and 2.3.1 for PPC
>
> I do not have Intel so am trying to use 2.3.1
>
> People have been trying to help and I am grateful
>
> Maybe the answer is
> 2.3.1 is dead and I need to buy a new Intel Mac computer
>
> But it is tempting to think I can load affyQCReport into 2.3.1 and
> solve the
> problem fast
>
> But maybe I just cannot get there from here

I think I have described quite carefully how you get the current R/
Bioconductor running as 64bit on your system. Why don't you follow
that advice and accept that it actually might be true and that there
are no easy shortcuts.

It is possible to hack together a version of AffyQCReport to use with
R-2.3 as Ben suggested, and you will have to decide whether it is
worth it. My guess is that AffyQCReport did not exist back in the
R-2.3 days and hence is not included in your monsterpack.

Kasper