[BioC] biocLite to install a local binary sourced package for mac

lgautier at altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Fri Dec 7 21:03:12 CET 2007

> Hi,
> I am working from China and the internet from home is really slow; I cannot
> use biocLite("hgu133a") to install the package. I knew maybe I could
install
> it from downloaded one; but the menu for biocLite function is not very
clear
> on how to proceed.

The example about "update.packages" on
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html
can probably be modified as follows:

download.packages("hgu133a", repos=biocinstallRepos())

> btw, when I use mac to download the package, it automatically unzip it.

That might be more a question for a mac-users' forum ;-)

> How
> could I make it into .tgz again?

> I assume biocLite only install .tgz file,
> right?

It depends. On Microsoft Windows, by default it installs .zip files I
suspect, and when Mac binaries will be available, it will install them.