[BioC] dye effects stronger than dye-swaps?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 30 21:13:27 CEST 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 15:04, Jenny Drnevich wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> I don't know - I'm trying to find out. How would that affect things -
> if they were amplified, then dye-effects could be very strong?

I could be off-base here, but I think there is at least a theoretical
possibility that the effects you are seeing aren't dye effects, but due to
differential amplification of one sample source over another.  This would
lead to one sample source always showing some bias over the other at some
probes, regardless of the dye.  I have no idea how common such an effect
occurs, though.

Sean