[BioC] weights in fitLM

Street N.R. N.R.STREET at soton.ac.uk
Thu Apr 26 11:15:00 CEST 2007

I recently upgraded to R 2.4.1 and ran biocLite to install the Bioconductor packages. This installs version 2.9.17 of limma. I also have my old version of R (2.1.1 which has version 2.3.3 of limma).

When I run

fit.O2<-lmFit(MA[isGene,], design.O2, weights=w)

in R 2.4.1 I get the error message

Error in asMatrixWeights(weights, dim(M)) :
        weights is of unexpected shape

but this works fine in R 2.1.1

This is how I made my weights matrix:

w<-modifyWeights(RG$weights,RG$genes$status,values=c("Cy3_oligo","Cy5_oligo"), multipliers=0)

w<-modifyWeights(RG$weights,RG$genes$status,values=excluded.spots, multipliers=0)
# and then set anything with a weight of 0.1 to a value of 0
the last four lines are using information from the spot types file.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I really need the spot weights to be used.

Nat Street
Nathaniel Street
         University of Southampton
         Plants and Environment Lab