[BioC] GOstats hyperGTest( ): Counts of EntrezIDs returned from summary() are not same as the numbers of EntrezIDs extracted from probeSetSummary()

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 25 17:42:14 CEST 2007

I have just pushed a fix for this to the release repository, so it looks
like GOstats will ship with a fixed version of probeSetSummary().

Note that this function still doesn't work exactly as I would like - the
vector of 'selected' identifiers only counts one probeset per Entrez
Gene ID because of the necessity to subset to unique Entrez Gene IDs
before doing the hyperGTest(). The devel version now has an additional
argument 'sigProbesets' that can be used to overcome this limitation,
but we are well past the point that changes to the API can be introduced
to release packages so this will have to wait for release 2.1 (and those
who like to live on the bleeding edge with devel packages).

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.