[BioC] Suitability of normalizeBetweenArrays? - arrays with very different characteristics

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 24 02:08:51 CEST 2007

Dear John,

You do need to normalize between arrays if you want to do a single
channel analysis. It is true that normalization is more difficult if
there are very large differences between samples, but you have to do
the best you can. I personally use Aquantile in most cases, based on
unpublished studies in my own group.

Best wishes
Gordon