[BioC] duplicate correlation on Agilent 4x44 arrays

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Apr 10 13:02:54 CEST 2007

Dear Mitch,

You don't say what instructions you are trying to follow here. I
think you may be trying to use code which was intended for other data
sets. I suspect that there may be more than one problem.

Firstly, why do you need to use readGAL()? This is only needed with
SPOT data. Your RG object from read.maimages() will already contain
annotation information from the Agilent output files. Look at

    names(RG$genes)

to see what you have.

Secondly, does your GAL file match your data files? Type

    dim(RG)

and

    gal <- readGAL()
    dim(gal)

Do the row numbers agree? I am guessing they may have different
numbers of rows.

BTW, do you need to use "normexp"? I've found the AgilentFE
background estimator is already pretty good, and doesn't produce
negative intensities anyway.

Best wishes
Gordon