[BioC] AveExp" column has dissappeared from limma topTable

Mikhail, Amy a.mikhail at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Apr 5 15:30:08 CEST 2007

Hi Seth and Gordon,

>> Also, what is the difference between an exprSet and an ExpressionSet?

>exprSet and ExpressionSet are both classes used to represent microarray
data.  exprSet is now deprecated in favor of ExpressionSet.

>+ seth

In a previous post, Gordon has said:
"If the first argument to lmFit() is an MAList or exprSet or
ExpressionSet then Amean is computed. It is actually not clear that this
is right behaviour in the case of an ExpressionSet, but that's how it is
for now."

So, that's what made me wonder what is the specific difference between
exprSet and ExpressionSets that would make Amean a sensible thing to
extract in the first case but not necessarily in the second?

Many thanks,
Amy