[BioC] Accessing SD values from CEL files

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Apr 3 16:22:28 CEST 2007

Hi Guido,

Hooiveld, Guido wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To follow-up on this question:
> What exactely do these se (and exprs) values represent?

The exprs slot holds the intensity value reported by the Affy software
for each probe. The se.exprs slot holds the standard deviation values
reported by the Affy software.

The intensity value reported by the Affy software is the 75th percentile
of the pixels that remain when the outermost pixels are discarded (for
the current 3' arrays this is about 16 pixels). I would imagine the
stdev is calculated on these 16 pixels as well.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.