[BioC] bicluster

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 20:39:36 CEST 2006

hi again:

I modified some codes from
http://faculty.ucr.edu/~tgirke/Documents/R_BioCond/R_BioCondManual.html#R_clustering

to do a simple biclustering. On both dimensions, I used pearson
distance. When x is a square matrix, it works; while x is not a square
matrix, there is an error. So I am wondering if there is a way to do
the job for the latter since on microarray analysis, the matrix is not
a square for most of time. Please correct me if
1. i should not use the same pearson distance on both direction
2. any other problems causing the error.

> x <- matrix(rnorm(1000,10,2),100,100); hc <- as.dendrogram(hclust(as.dist(cor(t(x), method="pearson")))); hr <- as.dendrogram(hclust(as.dist(cor(x, method="pearson")))); hv <- heatmap(x, Rowv=hr, Colv=hc)

> x <- matrix(rnorm(1000,10,2),100,200); hc <- as.dendrogram(hclust(as.dist(cor(t(x), method="pearson")))); hr <- as.dendrogram(hclust(as.dist(cor(x, method="pearson")))); hv <- heatmap(x, Rowv=hr, Colv=hc)
Error in heatmap(x, Rowv = hr, Colv = hc) :
        row dendrogram ordering gave index of wrong length

--
Weiwei Shi, Ph.D
Research Scientist

"Did you always know?"