[BioC] precomputed vignettes - was: tilingArray plotAlongChrom problem

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 13 18:30:44 CEST 2006

Dear Seth,

> "Krys Kelly" <kak28 at cam.ac.uk> writes:
>> I will try and think if there is some way that I would have found the
>> documentation easier. One small thing that did confuse me was the old
>> version of the vignette when you go directly to the documentation here:
>> http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/vignette/findsegments.pdf;
>
> My apologies for this.  The vignette listing you found was very out of
> date.
>
> The best way to view a package's vignette is to install the package,
> load Biobase, load the package, and run openVignette().

Hmm, there is a problem here: this package contains two vignettes that
are compute- and memory intensive, hence according to our package
guidelines they are not automatically built, but rather I provide them
as precomputed .pdf files in the inst/doc directory. The .Rnw files are
in inst/scripts, so that interested users can run them:
  assessNorm.Rnw
  segmentation.Rnw

Unfortunately, these vignettes do not appear when you say
 library("tilingArray")"
 openVignette()

and I did not find Section "1.4 Writing package vignettes" in the
"Writing R Extensions" guide helpful in that respect.

However (thanks Herve!), they are shown in
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/html/tilingArray.html

Best wishes
 Wolfgang