[BioC] [R] front- end problem while using nnet and tune.nnet

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 23 15:55:00 CET 2006

madhurima bhattacharjee <madhurima_b at persistent.co.in> writes:
> The problem that I encountered was, when I used a higher size like
> 50 or more then it gave me the following error: R for Windows
> terminal front-end has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We
> are sorry for the inconvenience.  I didn't get this error for size
> <25. But even in such cases the program took huge amount of time.
>
> I really don't understand what the problem is and how to solve this.
> Can anyone please help me asap?

It sounds to me like R is running out of memory and handling it a bit
ungracefully.  If that is the case, you need to add more RAM to your
system or use a different system that has more RAM.

You might be able to determine whether or not this is the case using
the Task Manager that gives a display of memory in use, etc.

PS: Next time, choose one list to post your question to.  And have a
quick look at the posting guide:
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/postingGuide.html

+ seth