[BioC] KEGGSOAP

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Mar 22 14:50:31 CET 2006

Hi Mick,

michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:
> Hi Seth
>
> Is it possible to get the zip file for SSOAP for windows rather than
> use biocLite?  Some people I want to give access to don't have access
> to the internet.  I looked on bioconductor.org and couldn't find the
> zip file ....

When you use biocLite, you also get the zip file - note the second to
last line in this R session:

 > source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
 > biocLite("SSOAP")

Running bioCLite version 0.1  with R version  2.3.0

Running biocinstall version 1.3  with R version  2.3.0
trying URL
'http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat/1.8/bin/windows/contrib/2.3/SSOAP_0.2-2.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 209039 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 204Kb

package 'SSOAP' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
         C:\WINDOWS\Temp\RtmpG4dwpb\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions

Also note that this file will be removed when you quit R, so you have to
retrieve it first.

Best,

Jim

> Mick