[BioC] searchable archives

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Mar 22 02:20:12 CET 2006

I often wondered why does BioConductor and R-help searchable archives
are provided by different people (namely Robert King, Jonathan Baron and
Istvan Albert) when the archives themselves are hosted by Swiss Federal
Institute of Technology Zurich (thanks to Martin Maechler).

I did bit of googling and found that mailman itself (with a few hacks)
might have a built-in searching facility. Here is a thread from 2001
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2001-October/014338.html

Now the question is why is this feature enabled with R-help and
BioC-help ? Is it a tricky hack or search function does not work
properly or did I simply misunderstand the thread above ?

Thank you.

Regards, Adai