[BioC] annotation

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 20 16:13:53 CET 2006

Hi Morten,

Wouldn't it be easier to do this using annaffy to make the HTML table as
well? For any Affy chip that has an annotation package I think the
annaffy package is much easier to use than the annotate package. You
might also look at affycoretools in the devel repository. You could do
this using one line of code with the limma2annaffy() function.

Hi Marco,

The htmlpage() function in annotate currently allows you to make
hyperlinks to Entrez Gene, Affy, UniGene, OMIM, and SwissProt. See
?getQuery4UG for more information. In addition, it is simple to make
more getQuery4XX() functions that will create hyperlinks to other online
databases if these are not to your liking.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician