[BioC] Package installation problem...

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Mar 13 20:04:20 CET 2006

kannaiah at bsd.uchicago.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A newbie here to R. I have it installed on a linux machine.
> I installed the bioconductor packages recently.
>
> Was having problem with the package "hgu133plus2", "hgu133plus2cdf" and
> "hgu133plus2probe"
>
> when i type in library(hgu133plus2) at the R prompt, i get the ERROR:
>

>>library(hgu133plus2cdf)
>
> Error in library(hgu133plus2cdf) : 'hgu133plus2cdf' is not a valid package --
> installed < 2.0.0?

This usually indicates some problem with the installation. How exactly
did you install these packages?

Anyway, the most efficient way to fix this is to re-install.

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite(paste("hgu133plus2", c("", "cdf", "probe"), sep=""))

Also, when you post please remember to give the ouput of sessionInfo()
so we know what versions of things you are using.

HTH,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.