[BioC] Analysis starting from MAS 5.0 txt files

Björn Usadel usadel at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Wed Mar 8 19:33:04 CET 2006

Hi Maurizio,

using the text files (I guess normalized data?) for downstream anlysis
works.
Assuming you already took the expression values out of the individual
files and made one big expression file out of it you can even press the
data into an exprSet

xx<-read.table("yourdata.txt",sep="\t",header=T,row.names=1)
gh<-new("exprSet",exprs=as.matrix(xx))

You can also just iterate over the files and then get the expression
values out and bind them together to get to the same result.

But as far as I know you can't unnormalize your data so that RMA is not
available.

Cheers,
Björn