[BioC] Duplicate row.names error

Jean Yee Hwa Yang jeany at maths.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jun 26 23:05:31 CEST 2006

Hi Andre,

Currently read.Galfile uses "ID" as the unique rownames.  We assume that
ID contains information such as probe ID whereas the column "Names" can
contain duplicate gene names.  However, I don't think that should stop you
from reading in the gpr file.  If you have those two columns swap in your
gal file you might want to try:

Try
read.Galfile("XXXX", info.id = c("Name", "ID"), labels = "Name")
where XXX is the name of any of your gpr file or your gal file.

In addition,
Can you send me off-list the output for pigTargets.

Cheers

Jean