[BioC] biomaRt error and no devel package for windows?

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 14 15:14:41 CEST 2006

Hi

I'm getting the following error with biomaRt:

> marts <- listMarts()
> index <- grep("ensembl", marts)
> mart <- useMart(marts[index])
connected to:  ensembl_mart_38
> mart <- useDataset(dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl", mart = mart)
Reading database configuration of: hsapiens_gene_ensembl
Error in .Call("RS_XML_ParseTree", as.character(file), handlers,
as.logical(ignoreBlanks),  :
        error in creating parser for NA

I searched the lists and found this error may be fixed in the devel
release, but I can only find the .tar.gz for the devel release, not a
.zip.

I'm using R version 2.2.1 (on Windows XP), which I guess also may be a
problem

Thanks
Mick