[BioC] marray and gathering additional information fromGenePixGPR file

Marcus Davy mdavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Wed Jul 19 01:24:02 CEST 2006

Just to add further comment to this discussion about empty spots in GenePix.

Empty spots could be due to the physical printing not taking place at that
spot position or buffer which contains no physical cDNA/oligo probe could be
deposited by the printing quill at that spot position.

In gpr files I've looked at, GenePix image analysis provides a non zero
value (but close to zero) to these intensities. On an MA scale, you should
see them distributed around 0 on the M scale and have Abundance values
slightly lower than other non expressing spots.

They are usually labelled "" or "Empty" in the annotation.

Agilent intensity files I have looked at don't contain these empty spots.

Marcus