[BioC] bioconductor install problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 13 04:09:39 CEST 2006

"Di Wu" <dxw51 at po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I have used bioconductor for several years. Recently, I moved to a new job
> and wanted to install R and bioconductor in my new office pc. But I failed
> to install bioconductor. R works well.
>
> Could you help me out? Or give some suggestion?

You need to tell R how to access the internet using the web proxy used
at your institution.

You can read the man page for download.file and/or search the R-help
and bioconductor mailing lists as this is a common issue.

Perhaps someone who has recently solved this can chime in with a
summary of the solution that worked for them.

+ seth