[BioC] AnnBuilder doesn't work on gene information ("GENENAME", "SYMBOL", etc)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 12 18:34:10 CEST 2006

Hi Weijun,

Luo Weijun <luo_weijun at yahoo.com> writes:
> I posted this a couple of days ago, following some
> nice feedback. But haven't got further response yet,
> could anybody give me any suggestion/ideas on this
> problem? Thank you so much.

You may need to give folks a bit more time to respond.  Nianhua is on
a business trip and probably won't have time to reply until late next
week.

> Here is what I got when I created and installed the
> package. And Nianhua is right, I got problem with
> hs95av2Entrezg7CHRLOC environment, no entry at all. I
> will need to update my AnnBuilder. But exactly how can
> I do that, using update.packages function or, is there
> anything for updating bioc packages specially?

You can get the update using biocLite:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("AnnBuilder")

You can update all of your installed packages to their latest
available versions like this:

library("Biobase")
update.packages(repos=biocReposList())

+ seth