[BioC] AnnBuilder doesn't work on gene information ("SYMBOL", "GENENAME", etc)

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 18:26:02 CEST 2006

Hello All,
I posted this a couple of days ago, following some
nice feedback. But haven't got further response yet,
could anybody give me any suggestion/ideas on this
problem? Thank you so much.
BTW, I tried to update AnnBuilder package with
biocLite('AnnBuilder') all I got is still the old
version, AnnBuilder_1.10.0, I am not sure exactly how
to get the updated version AnnBuilder_1.10.1, as
suggested by Nianhua in an earlier message.
Weijun

##older messages###
Thank you so much, guys,
For John¡¯s question, My base map type is "ll", since
my probes are mapped to Entrez Gene IDs directly.
For Nianhua¡¯s question, below is all my codes for
this work.

library(AnnBuilder)
load('/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/hs95av2Entrezg7.Rdata')
myBase=cbind(hs95av2Entrezg7,hs95av2Entrezg7)
myBase[,1]=paste(hs95av2Entrezg7,'_at',sep='')
write.table(myBase,file='/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/hs95av2Entrezg7Base.txt',sep='\t',row.names=F,col.names=F)
myBase='/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/hs95av2Entrezg7Base.txt'
myBaseType <- "ll"

myDir <-
'/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/'
ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, baseMapType =
myBaseType,
pkgName = "hs95av2Entrezg7", pkgPath = myDir,
organism = "Homo sapiens", version = "1.1.0", author =
list(authors = "Weijun",
maintainer = "Weijun <luo_weijun at yahoo.com>"), fromWeb
=T)

Here is part of my base file:

a=read.delim('/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/hs95av2Entrezg7Base.txt',sep='\t',
head=F)
> head(a)

        V1    V2

Here is what I got when I created and installed the
package. And Nianhua is right, I got problem with
hs95av2Entrezg7CHRLOC environment, no entry at all. I
will need to update my AnnBuilder. But exactly how can
I do that, using update.packages function or, is there
anything for updating bioc packages specially?

> library(hs95av2Entrezg7)
> hs95av2Entrezg7()

Quality control information for  hs95av2Entrezg7
Date built: Created: Sat Jul  8 20:23:41 2006

Number of probes: 8359
Probe number missmatch: None
Probe missmatch: None
Mappings found for probe based rda files:
         hs95av2Entrezg7CHRLOC found 0 of 8359
         hs95av2Entrezg7ENZYME found 1313 of 8359
         hs95av2Entrezg7LOCUSID found 8292 of 8359
         hs95av2Entrezg7PATH found 2784 of 8359
Mappings found for non-probe based rda files:
         hs95av2Entrezg7CHRLENGTHS found 25
         hs95av2Entrezg7ENZYME2PROBE found 651
         hs95av2Entrezg7ORGANISM found 1
         hs95av2Entrezg7PATH2PROBE found 180
         hs95av2Entrezg7PFAM found 6997
         hs95av2Entrezg7PROSITE found 5451

Please let me know if you have any ideas, suggestions,
or other questions. I really appreciate all the kind
help you guys offer!
Weijun