[BioC] Cell cycle analysis of FACS data

Ulrik Stervbo ulriks at ruc.dk
Fri Jul 7 13:52:12 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

This may be more of a general R question, but since there is some
biology involved, I post it here. I did already post the question on
the Purdue Cytometry mailing list without any luck.

I am looking to analyse cell cycle data (percent cells in the G1, S
and G2 phase, as well as sub-G1 population), obtained by FACS analysis
of PI stained cells, using R on a linux machine.

Does anyone know if I have to implement a solution myself, and if so,
is there any advice i need? I am thinking about implementing algorithm
used in Cylchred (if I can backtrack it form "This utility is based on
Watson's Pragmatic Model (Watson et al 1987 Cytometry 8:1-8) with
modifications by Ormerod 1991 and Hoy 1996") though I would prefer a
solution which could also analyse aneuploidy.

I am reading the FCS files in R using rflowcyt.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

Ulrik