[BioC] Error while using AnnBuilder

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 31 16:53:42 CET 2006

Hi Julien,

On 30 Jan 2006, julien.textoris at gmail.com wrote:
> thanks for the answers. But the error is still there !

It looks to me like a *different* error is giving you trouble now.  It
may be the same for you since, in the end, AnnBuilder isn't doing what
you want.  But for us, we like to call this progress; one error
resolved and another in its place ;-)

> Here is the log this time :

Thanks, the output is helpful.

>> ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, baseMapType = myBaseType, pkgName =
>> "myPkg",
> pkgPath = myDir, organism = "Homo sapiens", version = "1.1.0",
> author = list(author = "Julien TEXTORIS", maintainer =
> "Julien.Textoris at gmail.com"), fromWeb = TRUE)
>
> Attachement du package : 'GO'
>

> 	The following object(s) are masked from package:AnnBuilder :
>
> 	 GO
>
> Erreur dans readLines(con) : impossible d'ouvrir la connexion
> De plus : Warning message:
> incapable de résoudre 'www.godatabase.org'.

I get the same thing, I think the GO site is down.

> So the message about masked packages is still there ?

Yes, we are working on a fix for this warning message, but we do not
believe it is related to the problems you are having.

+ seth