[BioC] affymetrix pig annotation data

Morten Mattingsdal morten.mattingsdal at student.uib.no
Tue Jan 3 11:15:52 CET 2006

Hi Henrik,

No.. I did not manage to build an annotaiton package of the affymetrix
porcine chip, although I considered using the BLAST orthologes available
at affymetrix.com, as input to AnnBuilder. My impression is that pig
genes have surprisingly very poor annotaiton in public databases and
doing micoarray on pig must be very frustrating, despite its close
relationship to human. The annotaiton provided by Affymetrix also suck.
(cdf file & NetAffy.)
The BLAST orthologes or Homologene could be a fruitful.. or maybe
biomaRt & getHomolog

good luck, and mail us if you succeed :)
regards
morten