[BioC] RMySQL

David Tuck david.tuck at yale.edu
Wed Feb 22 19:29:55 CET 2006

   There is also the binary:
   [1]http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/RMySQL/RMySQL_0.5-7.zip
   Ting-Yuan Liu wrote:

Hi Amy,

I just found that there is no "RMySQL_0.5-7.zip" in the CRAN, so please
ignore my previous message.

Try this:

source([2]"http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("RMySQL")

This works in my XP machine, so it should also work at yours.

HTH,
Ting-Yuan
______________________________________
Ting-Yuan Liu
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Seattle, WA, USA
______________________________________

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Amy Mikhail wrote:

Dear list,

R: 2.2.1, Bioconductor: 1.7, OS: windows XP

I recently downloaded the package BioMArt, which has RMySQL listed as one
of its dependencies.  Although I can see this package when I go to the
CRAN website (Bristol mirror), I'm not able to find or download it from R
and I get this warning:

install.packages(c("RMySQL"))

Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
         no package 'RMySQL' at the repositories

If I try using the pull-down menu (install packages...) the package is not
even on the list (actually comparing the website and the list, there are
quite a few packages that don't show up).

Also, if I download RMySQL_0.5-7.tar.gz from the CRAN website and try
using "install packages from local zip files", it doesn't work either:

utils:::menuInstallLocal()

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: error 1 in extracting from zip file
2: cannot open compressed file 'RMySQL_0.5-7.tar.gz/DESCRIPTION'

So how (and from where) can I get hold of RMySQL?

Regards,
Amy

Amy Mikhail
Research student